Founded in Gloucester in 1910, J.E.S. was a contemporary of Shaw and Cotton, the town's two other motorcycle manufacturers, and according to Tragatsch was building 116cc and 189cc overhead-valve engined machines prior to WWI. By 1914 the J.E.S. range consisted of the Model A with 116cc vertical engine, which remained its sole offering until 1919. When the firm closed its doors in 1924 the workforce was recruited by neighbours Cotton. The current vendor acquired this J.E.S. from Tony Brown, the VMCC's marque specialist, in 2001 and since then has used it for several Pioneer and Banbury Runs, the engine showing no sign of overheating despite damaged cooling fins. There is a spare cylinder with fins intact included in the sale together with a quantity of other spares. The magneto was reconditioned ten years ago and it should be noted that the carburettor and pedal cranks are of later origin (originals included in sale). Accompanying documentation consists of a Pioneer Certificate, V5C document and a quantity of expired MoTs.