Off the road since 1958, this 'Red Panther' has been the subject of a long-term restoration by the owner, which commenced in 1982 and was finished earlier this year. Work undertaken on the engine comprised a re-bore and new piston, new valves and guides, and a new big-end bearing. The gearbox was stripped, checked and found to be in good order, and the clutch re-corked and fitted with a new bearing. Wheels were re-spoked and fitted with new cup-and-cone bearings. The petrol tank has been treated with a Frost Auto Restoration ethanol-proof sealer, while the paintwork is by Lewis & Templeton. A new seat, to the original pattern, has been fitted and the front forks re-bushed and fitted with new spindles. The dynamo was overhauled by Dave Lindsley. The pillion seat and rear footrests (which are not fitted and have not been restored) come the machine. Although restored, the Panther has not yet been run on the road and will, therefore, require initial setting-up and safety checks before use by a new owner. Accompanying documentation consists of some invoices and receipts relating to work done, together with an old-style continuation logbook dating from 1950 and a V5C.