Italy's oldest surviving motorcycle manufacturer, Benelli was founded in 1911 by the six Benelli brothers. Originally a general engineering firm, Benelli diversified into the field of powered transport immediately after WWI, offering a two-stroke 'clip-on' power unit for bicycles, which was followed by its first proper motorcycle in 1921. In 1950 Giovanni Benelli left to set up 'MotoBi', introducing a range of lightweights powered by distinctive egg-shaped two-stroke engines featuring horizontal cylinders. A range of four-strokes was built later but the overall look of the MotoBi engine remained the same. MotoBi was reabsorbed by Benelli in 1962 and sometime later its products were re-badged as Benellis. This four-stroke Motobi has formed part of the owner's large private collection since 2003 and was last serviced/MoT'd by John Mossey Classic Motorcycles in July 2008 (copy invoice available), since when it has not been used. Described as in generally good condition, the machine is offered with SORN and Swansea V5.